Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I love helping her see the joy... [From August 8, 2011]


This week was a little tougher than last week. We didn't have as many lessons, but the ones we did have were very good. Our investigator with a baptismal date is progressing well. He's excited for baptism and continuing to read and pray daily. Another of our new investigators is excellent! She always has really good questions. Most of the time they follow the outline of the lessons in Preach My Gospel. (Just one more evidence that they are inspired!) I look forward to our appointments with her because the spirit is always strong and she has a real desire to learn and apply it to her life. I love helping her see the joy of living the gospel and the peace and comfort it brings when we let it sink into our souls.

We did have a bit of a scare last night when we came home. We found our carbon monoxide detector beeping, not going off, but beeping. As if it needed the battery changed, but it was the one plugged into the wall. We called the Redwood Singles Sisters (Sister Thurston and Sister Kahrs.) They helped us by bringing theirs over to see if ours was defective. Thankfully theirs didn't go off. We think it had something to do with the outlet. Anyhow, we're fine and grateful to be alive!

From this experience I have a slightly different view and outlook. I am even more determined to do all I can, to be exactly obedient, and I am especially grateful for all the little things. I'm grateful I can hear music, the sound of birds in the trees, laughter, and especially the voices of little children. I'm grateful for the many blessings that I receive each day.

I had exchanges this week. It was really fun. I went with sister Kahrs from Las Vegas to the Redwood Singles area; which is basically from the San Francisco Bridge up to Ukiah. We had a blast! We were instant friends! We laughed all day and found out we both know Ashley Gentile!

Facebook is going okay. All I’ve done is add friends; all the missionaries in the mission. I don't feel very productive, but it will come with time, never mind that I don't know very many people and the Spanish people don't have Facebook, never mind computers. Well, some do, mostly the teenagers or younger people.

I haven't started a blog yet; I wanted to get Facebook up and running first. Also I have to finish my mormon.org profile. I think my thing will be blogging. But we'll see.

Your canoeing and kayaking sounds so fun! I miss doing things as a family. We don't have much occasion to get together with other missionaries. Its always fun having Nathalie come with us to lessons and seeing the two other Spanish elders at dinners each night. All the missionaries are great. We see the zone missionaries every Tuesday briefly at district meeting.

I can't remember if I told you or not but Charles Schulz lived here in Santa Rosa so there are Snoopy and Charlie Brown characters all over town. I haven't gotten any pictures yet, but I hope to soon. They’re fun to see. Kind of like the horses at the Outer Banks.

Oh! I have a wall of all the postcards you send me. It’s fun to see them. I also have a wall of Jackson’s drawings. I love them. I really enjoy having the quotes all over the walls. They help me to remember what I’m doing and stay focused.

I have a leaf to send grampa to ask what kind of tree it is. Very interesting leaf, only four points. It’s pressing in my scriptures right now.

I am a little worried about getting sick. I’m still trying to figure out when I need to rest or just keep working. Pray that I’ll be able to get to bed on time and then get up on time. Also that I’ll know when I need rest or not. I don't want you to worry. I really am doing okay, just trying to figure out what works.

Say hello to everyone for me. Thank nana and grampa!
Say hello to Naqueilla. She'll be all grown up the next time I see her :(
LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FOREVER AND EVER
Whitney Bunny/Minnie

No comments:

Post a Comment