Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Just 3 1/2 transfers left. Yikes!


I'm doing really well.

We had another baptism yesterday, and Juan from last week was confirmed. Fernando thanked us for helping him and for all we did. He was so happy. The branch is growing and it's great to see! In a year there will be three more Melchizedek priesthood holders. It’s great to be a part of the growth of a branch. Last night as I thought about the recent converts and the less active members returning and all those we are teaching I could see a vision of the branch being a ward one day soon and being a strength to the stake and the other branches in the area. I’m so grateful to be a part of its beginnings and real growth.

We had interviews with president on Friday and he asked me when I wanted to go home. I explained to him that I had been thinking about it a little but hadn't prayed about it. So I’ve prayed about it and I told him October. So my release date is the end of October. I think the 22 or 23. Around there. 5 months away. Just 3 1/2 transfers left. Yikes! Crazy!

Thanks so much for the package! We really appreciate it. I love mom's scripture notes. I shared them with Hermana Garo on exchanges; she really appreciated them as well. It was what both of us needed. We both have carrots drawn by Alma 62:41 now. I also loved the notes and photo album. It made me cry and laugh all at the same time. I realized just how much I love each and every one of you and that life would just not be as joyful and fun without you.

All the elders are excited to share the goodies. Actually, the sweet bread I already ate. Well, actually Elder Mahrt who is gluten free ate it. He was at our district meeting and everyone was eating the taffy (We loved them!) anyway I mentioned to Elder Mahrt that I had a gluten free loaf of bread and his eyes lit up. Being gluten and lactose free is rough on the mission so I had pity on him and gave him the entire loaf. He shared some with me. It was really good! He was so happy!

I told the elders about the tennis balls and Elder Phipps first question was, "Have you opened them yet?" I told him no. He then asked, "Can I smell them when you do?" It reminded me of Grampa French holding a new baseball up to Grant's nose when he was a baby. I just had to laugh!

As for seeing a Lyme doctor, maybe, I may just need a checkup. I think right now, my health is being held up by angels and miracles. I’m taking my vitamins every day and getting the rest I need. I’m also staying away from dairy and meat when I can. Although it's hard when that's 50 % or more of what your given at dinners. So the Lord is definitely taking care of me.

I’m so excited to be home for your 25th anniversary!!! I threw my arms up like a touchdown happened when I read that. :) We'll have to do something special. Like maybe go to Arizona and California. A mission tour! Maybe include Brazil in there. ;) Maybe not. Probably just be together at home and enjoy each other’s company. Play games and laugh at each other’s jokes that aren't so funny. So fun! I’m excited!

I missed camping with you. Grant - Does the boomerang work? Lydia & Nancy - Good job girls for making fires. Elder Cannell is impressed.

FHE at Muir Beach Monday night was so fun! We came home smelling like campfire and the ocean. (Interesting combination.) It reminded me of camping. The FHE was really fun! Lots of people came. The one downer is that the road to get there is really windy and up and down. I had been dealing with dizziness all day and so the car ride was NOT fun. I thought I was going to throw up! For real. I focused on my breathing and did my best to not think about how sick I felt. The ride back wasn't so bad but still pretty bad. But other than that it was great!

I love you so much!!!!
Forever Love,
Hermana Stephenson

No comments:

Post a Comment