Thursday, January 5, 2012

We were ... practically skipping because of ... the joy of the season. [From 26 DEC 11]

It was sooooo good to hear your voices yesterday!!! It was the best gift to receive. I couldn't have asked for anything better.

The rest of my day was really good. Dinner with the Nichols family was good and then the evening with the Beauchaumps with the entire zone was the best! They have five children, ranging from 4 to 13. They are all so fun and energetic. The smallest one reminds me of Olivia Flanders. And their middle daughter reminds me of Nancy when she was eight. I could have hugged her all day. I hugged her for a long time at church and then many times at their house. It felt like a real Christmas with young children showing us all their gifts and being so excited about Christmas and having missionaries over.

This morning we're having a zone brunch at the stake center. We’re bringing all our goodies and sharing. It should be fun and crazy. When we get together we go a little nuts. It’s fun just being together as missionaries and friends. There’s always some joke going around and all the elders enjoy telling us about their little pranks and funny things they do to each other.

I don't really know what to say since we just talked yesterday. There was frost on the ground this morning. But now it's up to 40-45 degrees.

Thank you for all the gifts. I’m so excited to use them all. Actually I started coloring the book last night at the Beauchaumps. The socks are so comfy and warm. My feet are, as always, freezing. The hot chocolate is coming in handy in the mornings and evenings.

Give my love to everyone. I can't believe that I’ll be home this time next year!

I’ll hopefully be sending home the tree today and all the bags and such. I loved having all the Christmas decorations. It made our little room feel Christmas-y and homey.

The whole Christmas season was amazing! We were walking down the streets and practically skipping because of joy and the joy of the season. It was so fun to call out "Merry Christmas" to everyone.

I LOVE YOU TONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All right I'm signing off. Remember I love you for always and forever. You’re my heaven and whom I want to be with for eternity.
Have fun today!!!!
Love,
Hermana Whitney
tata for now

No comments:

Post a Comment