Monday, January 30, 2012

tears filled his eyes

I'm doing so well!

We have a baptismal date! We love teaching her. She's amazing! She works on Sundays but she was the one that commented that perhaps she needs to find new work so she can go to church and be baptized. She’s so great! She was a referral from a member. She’s a single mom. She’s amazing!

We’re so grateful for our members! They are amazing. They help us so much. We had an activity on Saturday. We watched The Testaments. (Such a good movie! I love it!) Our members were so helpful in pulling it all together. We had hot chocolate and popcorn. Hermana Clayton and I made it ourselves. The way we do at home, from scratch. It was so fun and everyone loved it.

We also picked up a new investigator who accepted the baptismal invitation just not a date. He feels he needs more time to know, learn and understand before he can commit to a date. Which is good that he realizes the importance of that covenant. Our lesson with him was so good. As we taught him the Spirit helped us answer his questions and concerns. And when we recited the First Vision tears filled his eyes. He knows it's true and I love it when people have such faith and recognize the Spirit.

This afternoon we're going to Bodega Bay with the elders in our district and two members. One of them being a recent convert as of Saturday! We’re pretty excited. I’ll probably make some cairns and take pictures. :)

So the quote Andrea sent I just made my Facebook status :) Wish you could see it!
The quote is:
“When in the pursuit of happiness
one should stop, and just be happy...”

We haven't had any rain this week. I still can't believe that it's the end of January and it's been warm enough that I don't need a jacket during the day. At night yes, but not when we're tracting from 3-4:30.

Well time's up!
I love you tons!
Your,
Hermana Stephenson
TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment