Thursday, January 5, 2012

Saying goodbye to people in Vacaville was hard.

Hi! I'm being transferred and don't have much time. I'll be in Rohnert Park with.... Hermana Clayton!!!! I'm so excited to be with her again!! Rohnert Park is kind of a suburb of Santa Rosa. I actually went on exchanges there once when I was in Santa Rosa. So I had a sneak peek and am excited to serve there. It’s a Spanish branch that is pretty good size. I’m excited to attend Spanish church again. My Spanish will improve even more.

It’s been crazy covering two areas with Hermana Robinson and Sister Orrock. We’ve had so much fun and met some interesting people.

Saying goodbye to people in Vacaville was hard. One of our group leaders told his wife to give me a hug for him. I noticed his eyes were teary as I hugged her. I’m so grateful for the love and support of all those that I have come to know and love. I can't wait for you all to meet the people I have come to love and to see where it is that I worked.

I love Sister Monson!!! I’m so glad we had Christmas with them. They are some of the people I want you to meet.

I was sick on Sunday. I slept for two and a half hours after church. I felt bad because it meant the sisters were stuck inside all day. I’m not 100 percent but I’m getting better. My head hurts, but otherwise I’m fine.

California is beautiful. It hasn't rained but once. It’s pretty dry. My hands are so dry.

This past transfer has been amazing. I can't believe it's already over. I’ve grown in many ways and have learned so much. I try and keep up my journal but most days there's so much that happens that it's impossible to write everything. So I have to prioritize and make every minute count. It’s funny but even within the past week I’ve come to love writing in my journal even more. I love that time that I have to reflect upon the day and remember what I’ve learned and the miracles I saw.

I love you and am so grateful for your love and support.
LOVE FOREVER AND ALWAYS,
Hermana Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment