Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I love bearing my testimony on the street.

I'm so excited that G's Eagle project is done!! I'm excited to see pictures.

I did get Janet’s letter. I’m so grateful for the elders that they are taking care of her. I was worried about her. I can rest at ease because I know she's in good hands. :)

Something Hermana Clayton and I have been kind of joking about this week is being filled/full. There’s a saying in Spanish that says, "estoy llena, como la ballena." it means; "I’m full, like the whale." It’s a funny saying that makes us smile but it also has made me think about the gospel. We need to be filled with the Spirit. It's something I’ve been working on this week, to be filled with the Spirit and the work of the Lord. I’m learning to give my all to the work of the Lord and give all my heart, might, mind and strength to his work and his children. It’s tough, but so worth it!

I'm in a branch now. I love it! The members are great! We’re helping one sister return to the temple. We’re teaching the husband of another and finding those prepared to receive the gospel message. We don't have any baptismal dates but there are a couple potentials. We’re working hard on bringing the branch together and to be more unified.

Oh, I didn't have to play the piano yesterday. The Relief Society president came back from Mexico so she did it. Yeah!, because I didn't have any time to practice this week.

I went on exchanges on Saturday with Sister Charles to Petaluma. She’s so full of energy and I learned so much from her. She came out the same time I did. We had some excellent lessons and the Spirit was pretty powerful in a couple.

We had zone conference on Tuesday and I learned so much! Something I’m working on is teaching whenever we get the chance. We teach in contacting, in tracting, and of course in lessons. It’s been pretty powerful and neat. I love bearing my testimony on the street. As a district we have a goal to contact 10 people each day. It really stretches you and we've found some good referrals for the elders.

How is studying Preach My Gospel going? I love studying it! I learn so much that I have to keep a list and it's getting pretty long! Besides the Book of Mormon, it's become my favorite book.

I hope you all have a great week. It’s going to be a great week here. We have lots planned! It’s hard work, but we love it and it is so worth it. I love the work of the Lord and I love my mission.

I love you dad. You’re the best father ever!
I love you mom. You’re the best mother ever!
I love you Andrea, Grant, Lydia, and Nancy. You're the best siblings ever!
I haven't heard from Andrea yet. Oh well. She’s a busy college girl :)
Have a good p-day! :)
Love you!
Hermana Stephenson

P.S. I'll be getting a package out tomorrow. The post office is closed due to the holiday. (We completely forgot about the holiday!) We would love more homemade granola bars?! But only if you have the time and means. It’s not a need, just something that we love and would enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like she is doing very well- so glad to hear it!

    ReplyDelete