Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I was asked to play the piano in Sacrament meeting.

This week has been amazing with Hermana Clayton!!! Our Spanish has improved. It’s so cool to see how we've improved both in Spanish and in missionary skills. We’re loving every day together. We’re really hoping that we’re together again next transfer so we can be together for our half way mark. We’ve worked hard and had some neat experiences. We had a 20 minute conversation with a man on the street about the Book of Mormon and the church. We referred him to the elders. They should have a fun time with him. He’s pretty liberal.

Being in a Spanish branch again is so fun! I love the members and the members are great. It was an exciting first day in the branch. I was asked to play the piano in Sacrament meeting. AAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I only played the right hand and choose easy hymns. It was kind of fun. That is after the shock of it all and the nerves settling back down. I’ll be practicing this week so I can be better prepared. It’ll be fun!!! :) The whole time I was playing I was thinking about you, dad. And you saying that I should practice because I’ll have to use it at some point. I was laughing last night about it. :)

I’m so happy to hear Andrea is doing so well. Something I’ve been thinking a lot about recently is the need to continually progress. It’s when we don't seek to improve that we fall and become weak. I’ve found I’m happiest when I’m working on something.

I’m excited to receive your notes. I just finished my study journal so I’ll be sending that home soon. Along with a couple other things. I didn’t get the chance to go through my things as well as I’d hoped before transfers. I’m so excited to get my Zig pen!!

We’re emailing at the family history center today and the district leaders are here too. We’ve been getting distracted. They’re really fun elders. They’re more like our older brothers than our younger ones. Which is really nice. My district leader is Elder Elison. His companion is Elder Russell. They’re both from the Washington/Oregon area. Then the other companionship is Elder Ram (from Fiji, he speaks Fijian and Hindi) and Elder Verdugo (from Spain, born in Argentina, lived in Arizona since he was 14) they're all cool. We’re having fun speaking Spanish with Elder Verdugo.

Oh! Tomorrow is Zone Conference in Napa. We’re pretty excited. A member that is preparing to serve a mission will be joining us. I haven't actually met her yet so it will be a great day tomorrow with her and seeing other missionaries.

I cannot believe Grant is going to be 18!!!!! How did that happen?! He’ll be going on a mission in a year! How crazy! I hope his eagle project gets finished quickly. What are the plans for his birthday? Anything exciting? How cool that he'll have his first green birthday. Mine will certainly be green :)

Oh, I saw pictures if the Laconia elders online. If you go to the ward directory my picture and their pictures are online. It’s pretty cool!

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know if there's anything I can do for you. Sorry I haven't been good at writing letters. Just remember I love you and we'll be together again sooner than you think.
Forever,
Hermana Whitney
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment