Monday, September 26, 2011

my teeth fell out

This Thursday we had exchanges and I was left with the area and an English sister, Sister Cottle. Ahhhhh! I did okay. The Spirit definitely helped me. I taught the entire first lesson to a lady and I was able to understand her. That and tracting went well. I’m more confident in my Spanish and I realize that I do know some Spanish. I was really nervous, but just went out and worked. :)

We've begun teaching a less active member that is amazing. He wants to return and never leave again. He has so many questions and desires to attend the temple. We teach him on his back patio. He lives in a vineyard. It’s so beautiful! This last Friday we sat and watched the sunset with a cool, gentle breeze; the sprinkler going, birds singing, wearing sweaters, and discussing the gospel. It was amazing! So peaceful.

So we call our investigators and less actives to remind them about church and we hear all kinds of excuses and reasons for not coming. Yesterday we had one that still has us baffled. He said to us, "se callo mis dientes." (my teeth fell out) What? We’re pretty sure he said something else but we can't think of what it could be. So his reason for not attending church is that (as far as we know) his teeth fell out. He has great teeth so I’m not sure what to think. We’re asking him the next time we see him. Hopefully tonight!

I loved the Relief Society broadcast. We watched it in Spanish to be with our sisters. So I’m sure there are things I missed. But I understood about half. At least I think I did!

Bonni and Ken look very happy. Everyone does. I was thinking about you all throughout the day. I’m so happy that they could be sealed!!!

I’m so proud of Nancy for writing in her journal! I got her postcard saying you were drinking hot cocoa on a day when it was 100 degrees. I was drinking horchata! So yummy! I hope you're having a great day and enjoying the weather. It rained yesterday in the morning. More like sprinkled actually. And it's cooler today. Which is nice after the 100 degree weather last week.

I love you all. I pray for you daily. I’m so grateful you are my family. Whether immediate, extended or "adopted." I'm grateful for the things you've taught me. I couldn’t have asked for better family and friends.

As you wish,
Hermana Whitney Stephenson

No comments:

Post a Comment