Tuesday, September 20, 2011

They are on fire!

Hi! I am so excited for the RS broadcast!!! It'll be fun knowing you're doing the same thing at the same time as me. :) And general conference will be amazing! I can hardly wait!!

No baptisms of ours, but the Redwood Single Sisters had three. Well one was Friday, one Saturday and one tonight. They are on fire! We found some great guys while tracting this week that we'll have to give over to them because they are YSA age. It’s hard giving them up but it'll be good for them to attend an YSA ward.

I had exchanges with Sister Skroski and we stayed in Windsor and Healdsburg. It was a great day! We had so much fun! She reminds me of Marisa. She’s from North Carolina. Seeing her work has helped me to be more confident in being myself while I serve. It’s what the lord wants and expects me to be myself. He called me not someone else. So I'm trying to be myself more.

I can't remember if I told you or not, but we tract from 3-4:30 every day, well almost every day, not Monday, or if we have appointments, but anyway. We’ve had some great success with it. And I enjoy it much more than I thought I would. My Spanish is still rocky and needs much improvement but I can understand most everyone. Except when they speak fast, or on the phone.

We named our white Corolla, Jace after Elder Felix our District Leader, but we had to give him away on Thursday. New cars are coming in so right now we have an old red one. It smells bad. I get sick just smelling the inside. :( Once we're done driving I’m grateful to get out and smell the fresh air again and not feel carsick. I’m okay with all the walking we do because it means we aren't in the smelly car. We haven't named it yet.

I got two packages this week!!! One from Linda and the other from Olivia!

Hermana Christensen is reading a book (authorized by president) called "The Continuous Atonement." She tells me all about it every day she reads it. It sounds amazing! A few other missionaries have said it's great. I know it's early but can you send that to me for Christmas?! :)

I hope you all have tons of fun for A's birthday. It came up so quickly!

I’m hopefully doing a blog entry tomorrow. And the daisy picture was completely accidental. It was my favorite, but I think I’ll keep it. At least until I find some daisies to take pictures of. I haven't seen any though. I wonder if they even grow around here. I hope so!

It’s still eighties and beautiful here. We haven’t had any rain, but once the rainy season comes I guess I won't be complaining. Not that I am now, I just miss the water. The only water I see is in a glass. :)

LOVE FOREVER AND ALWAYS
AS YOU WISH
YOURS
Hermana Whitney Stephenson

No comments:

Post a Comment