Friday, July 13, 2012

it was so fun to write the president in Spanish!!!!


As far as I know July 4th will just be a regular day. There have been signs all over the place reminding people that fireworks are against the law in Marin County.

Andrea will of course be in my prayers. How long until she comes home? I’m glad Sydnye is there with her. I’m sure she's helping her a lot.

Hermana Garo and I were talking yesterday about what's really important. The lesson in Relief Society highlighted that. We’ve decided that God is first and then your family. If we have love for them and we do what we can for them, then everything else falls into place. I know it becomes hard when it has to do with your calling, but I do know that if we LET the Lord guide us, He will. As long as we are reading our scriptures, praying, going to church and being regularly changed by the Sacrament, we can't help but have the promise of the Lord that says we'll have the Spirit to guide us. Sometimes it's hard to know if we're led by the Spirit or not. Mostly because we have become so accustomed to having His guidance with us that our thoughts have become in part His, and our desires His desires. It’s something that is different for every person, and that's where I get hung up. Sometimes I worry about what others may think, or the thought that this is what this person would do so it must be right for me too. Not so. We need to search out our own answer and our own priorities. It will be different for every person, every family and in different situations it will be different. But I do know that as we do so with the intent and desire to do God's will, it will be right, and everything will be okay.

We met President and Sister Alba Saturday. They are amazing! As soon as they entered I could feel their love. The Spirit touched my heart and I know without a doubt they have been called by God to be our Mission President at this time.

Hermana Garo and I were talking about how blessed we are to have not just one but two mission presidents. Your mission president and his wife influence you for life. They change you and love you as their own. How blessed are we to have two! I’m looking forward to the next four months with them.

Just a quick side note; it was so fun to write the president in Spanish!!!! My brain sometimes has a hard time with English because I talk with Hermana Garo mostly in Spanish and of course we teach in Spanish. So now it's sometimes hard for me to switch back and forth. Which is fine because when I’m talking with the elders they know both. Our conversations are completely Spanglish. It’s really fun!

Saying goodbye to the Bunkers was hard. We were given the opportunity to have a picture with them and to hug them both. When President wrapped his arms around me it felt like Heavenly Father's arms. As he whispered in my ear how proud they were of me and that they love me I could only express my love and say, “Thank you.“ When he let go I only wanted to be back in his arms. It felt like home. I imagine that's what it will be like when I return home. And even what it will be like when we are judged at the last day and Heavenly Father opens his arms and says, "Welcome home." Can you even imagine what that will be like to be wrapped in the arms of our Heavenly Father?! How amazing will that be?!

We haven’t been able to get in contact with Katiuska. We’ve called, texted, sent messages on Facebook, and knocked her door. Nothing.

No one new to teach this week, but lots of potentials. We have one new person that is progressing really well. When we first taught her she was filled with sadness and deals with depression. She was worried because she just lost her job and doesn’t know how they'll pay the rent. We invited her to read in the Book of Mormon and pray. This past week when we saw her she had changed. Her eyes were filled with joy. A smile came quickly to her mouth. She had been praying and reading and wasn't worried about the rent. And she knew that God is there and knows her. Miracle! It was amazing to see!

Our investigator pool has shrunk a lot but our less-actives are progressing well, as well as our recent converts. I love seeing their progression!

Thank you for your love and support. I couldn't serve without you!

Today is busy. Where we usually do our laundry couldn’t do it today so last minute we were calling members and asking people where the nearest Laundromat is. It ended up that the Relief Society president; Hermana Consuelo let us use hers. So grateful! And then today we're off to play tennis with the elders. Yay!

Love you! Have a good week! Hope the fridge keeps running!'

Oh! One last thing, yesterday we went through a drunk driver license check thing. It was pretty funny! The police officer looked at my license and just questioned, "New Hampshire? You’re a long way from home. Have you had anything to drink today?" I was trying not to laugh. If he only knew how unlikely that would be. :) Life is great!

Each day is an adventure!

Forever Love,
Hermana Stephenson

No comments:

Post a Comment